Start Your Free Quote
Wheelchair Ramp Rentals
Start Your Free Quote
Do We Have Wheelchair Ramp Rentals?
The answer is YES.
There are a lot of reasons why customers prefer wheelchair ramp rentals over purchasing one. Whether you are returning from rehab and will soon be well enough to manage climbing the steps at your home or have family members visiting your home who can’t quite negotiate the steps at your front door, sometimes renting makes more sense than buying.
How Much Do Wheelchair Ramp Rentals Cost?
To determine the cost of your wheelchair rental, simply follow the steps below. Please keep in mind, if you are not comfortable calculating these dimensions on your own, we can send one of our ramp specialists out to your home to do the math, evaluate your needs and review pricing with you.
1.) First, you’ll need to know exactly how many feet of ramp you’ll need. To do this, you will need to multiply the number of steps by the height of one step. For example, if you have 4 steps and each step is 7-inches tall, you will need 28-feet of ramp.
2.) Next, you’ll calculate the installation charge which is $15 per linear foot of ramp or a minimum of $200 for smaller ramps. This is a one-time charge to install your rental wheelchair ramp.
3.) To rent a wheelchair ramp, your monthly rental fee is $12 multiplied by the total linear footage of your ramp.
4.) The ramp recovery charge is $12 per linear foot of ramp.
We also have a rent-to-own program wherein after 12-months of rental, you own your ramp.
Here Are The Formulas To Calculate Your Wheelchair Ramp Rental Costs:
- Total footage of your ramp = (total number of steps x height of one step)
- Installation charge = ($15 x total linear footage)
- Monthly payment = ($12 x total linear footage)
- Recovery fee when you are finished with the ramp = ($12 x total linear footage)
Cost Example For Wheelchair Ramp Rentals
Let’s say you need 15-feet of ramp for the entrance way to your home. Your wheelchair ramp rental costs would be as follows:
- Installation charge = $225
- Monthly payment = $180
- Recovery fee when you’re finished with the ramp = $180
- If you kept the ramp for three-months, your rental costs would be $180 x 3 months = $540, plus installation ($225) and recovery ($180) for a total of $945.
- If you kept the ramp for twelve months, you would own the ramp and have no additional charge.
Sometimes renting a wheelchair ramp does make sense for customers which is why we offer this option.
If you’re unsure of if renting a wheelchair ramp or buying is right for you and your budget, contact our wheelchair ramp specialist today at any stage of the process by calling (315) 456-8893 and we’ll come out to your home and help you navigate through everything.
Browse our website if you are interesting in purchasing a wheelchair ramp.